| Received in an email today.
Words to learn from and live by…………………
The Cowboy headed straight for the only saloon in town to clear his parched throat.
He walked up and tied his old horse to the hitch rail. As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.
The young gunslinger looked at the old Cowboy and laughed, saying, “Hey old man, have you ever danced?”
The Cowboy looked up at the gunslinger and said, “No, I never did dance—-never really wanted to.”
A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, “Well, you old fool, you’ gonna dance now,” and started shooting at the old man’s feet.
The old Cowboy –not wanting to get a toe blown off—started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet. Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.
When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.
The Cowboy turned to his Horse, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers.
The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.
The crowd stopped laughing immediately.
The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly. The silence was almost deafening.
The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the Cowboy and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.
The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the Cowboys hands, as he quietly said, “Son, have you ever licked a horse’s ass?”
The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, “No sir—- but—-I’ve always wanted to.”
There are a few lessons for us all here:
Never be arrogant.
Don’t waste ammunition.
Whiskey makes you think you’re smarter than you are.
Always, always make sure you know who has the power.
Don’t mess with old men; they didn’t get old by being stupid. (women too)
- RT @yashar: “One of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water” - President Trump in the video below twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 3 hours ago
- RT @TheDailyEdge: "Even if he committed rape..." Orrin Hatch says he would still vote to put the fate of every American woman's reproductiv… 3 hours ago
- RT @peterdaou: Can someone on the Republican side please explain why #ChristineBlaseyFord would fabricate a story that incurred the wrath o… 4 hours ago
- RT @emmajthatcher: Hello, female high school student here. I would just like to say that the emergence of this whole "teenage boys should g… 4 hours ago
- RT @mySA: $5K reward offered for info on suspect who robbed South Side 7-Eleven trib.al/xl7SH5n 4 hours ago